Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Captain Mason's 1st Birthday Party!

Our Good friend's Ashleigh & Archie threw an amazing Pirate Party for there son Mason's 1st birthday!  
I was able to help contribute to the pirate theme celebration by making the dessert table.




The treasure chest was a lot of fun to assemble.  I used Hershey's Gold & Silver Nuggets, Gold and Silver Chocolate Coins, Ring pops and Candy Necklaces for the "Treasures."


The amazing Pirate Ship Cake was made by Cinderella Cakes (www.cinderellacakes.com)
 It was a the perfect "centerpiece" for the dessert table!



This was my first time using royal icing on sugar cookies.  (You would think with my love of baking it wouldn't take me 32 years to decorate a cookie with royal icing).  It was definitely intimidating because I wanted everything to be perfect, but I can't be too hard on myself for my first try!  And most importantly they were delicious!!  I am excited for more cookie decorating/practice/tasting in the near future! :)


Ashleigh really wanted to try and keep the table colorful and fun because it was for just a little one's birthday after all!  I decided to keep the frosting colors bright and fun and I couldn't resist when I saw the adorable pirate themed cupcake decorations.  I especially loved the ship and parrot cupcake toppers!



These adorable pirate skull lollipops were found online





The Canon balls were really easy and fun to make.  When the Rice Krispies were ready, I used a cookie scoop to shape the rice krispie treats into balls.  They were chewy and delicious and I added some red and blue sprinkles to the mix to bring a little color to treat!

6 comments:

  1. Amazing!! I love it all. You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap beth! this looks like the cakes that that guy from tv would make. i forget what the show's called but you know what I mean right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job Beth!! You are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, Tyler! It was an awesome Cake but I had nothing to do with it! They are an amazing cake company in So Cal that does awesome wedding, birthday and all kinds of cakes... just like that show!

    ReplyDelete