Thursday, March 8, 2012

Princess Birthday Cake Castle

Sophia has always been near and dear to our hearts ever since she was born.  When Trina asked me to make Sophia's 4th Birthday cake, I was very excited.  Sophia's favorite themes were Princess and Barbie, so Trina and I started researching some cake ideas.  Even little Sophia did some research on her own.  I had never made a two-tiered cake before so I thought, now is the perfect time.  A little princess deserves a two-tiered cake for her birthday.  I had a lot of different ideas in my head but after going through cake cookbooks with Sophia and getting a feel for her favorites, I knew we had to do something with Barbie and her Castle... 

And this is what was created...























Sophia and all of her girlfriends crowded around the birthday cake as she blew out the candles and made her wish.

 It was worth every minute of baking & decorating to see Sophia and a room full of 4-year-old's eyes light up, when they saw the castle cake.

1 comment:

  1. Beth - you are amazing! Can I fly you out here for Ellie Anna's 5th birthday? She would absolutely love a cake like that! I love the look on the girls' faces - priceless! Makes it worth all of the hours spent :)

    ReplyDelete